Step 1: Complete Application
Step 2: Upload Documents
Step 3: Confirmation
Zero-Emission Transit Bus Application
Applicant Name as it will appear on the contract and IRS W9
By signing this Certifications form, I certify that I have read and understand the Eligibility Criteria and Application Guidelines document and agree to adhere to its requirements. Additionally, by signing this Certifications form, I certify to the statements and agree to adhere to the terms and conditions described below:
- The emission reductions obtained through this program are not required by any federal, state, or local regulation, memorandum of agreement / understanding(MOA / MOU) with a regulatory agency, settlement agreement, mitigation requirement, or other legal mandate.
- Projects funded by VW Mitigation Trust Funds will not be used as marketable emission reduction credits, to offset any emission reduction obligation, or for credit under any federal or state emission averaging, banking and trading program.In addition, projects funded through this program may not be used to generate a compliance extension or extra credit for determining regulatory compliance.
- Proposed project has not received funding or is not under agreement with any other air district, ARB, or any other public agency.Any current financial incentive that directly reduces the project cost; including tax credits or deductions, grants, or other public financial assistance for the same engine or equipment; must be disclosed.
- Any funding received, including funding from other sources, combined with this grant must not exceed the full cost of the new transit bus.
- The bus within this application is based within the state of California and operate within the state of California for at least three (3) years from the date the new bus is purchased, unless prior written authorization has been granted by the SJVAPCD to travel outside of the state of California.
- During the previous 24 months, at least 51% of the total usage of this bus was within California.
- Bus identified in this application is currently in compliance with any State of California regulations.
- Applicant understands the VW Mitigation Trust Project Administrator (SJVPACD), CARB, or their designee maintains the right to inspect the bus at any time during the agreement period.
- Applicant will not order, purchase, make payment, or take delivery of the new bus without an executed agreement from the VW Mitigation Trust Funds.
I hereby certify that all information provided in this application and any attachments are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.